Hosting an event is a big investment; one that comes with many uncertainties no matter how well you plan the event. Custodian Events Insurance can help you secure this investment as it protects the policy holder from any unforeseen circumstances which could lead to public liability claims, accidental injuries to guests, loss or damage of event equipment, professional liability claims as well as employee liability claims.
Furthermore, Custodian Events Insurance can be extended to cover event cancellation due to specified causes and also litigation cost incurred by the Insured with the consent of the Insurer.
Benefits of the Policy
- Gives peace of mind to all stakeholders i.e. Event planner, Principal, Guest and Venue owners.
- Provides compensation to guests and employees for medical expenses - bodily injuries and temporary disabilities occurring at the venue of the event.
- Provides protection for the event planner in the event of public liability claims made in respect of death /bodily injuries to Third Party Persons as well as damage to properties during the event and at the venue.
- Eases the financial losses associated with cancellation of events
- Provides the widest insurance coverage compared to others in the market.
Features of the Policy
The Event Insurance policy is specially designed to include features of the following classes of insurance:
- Public Liability Insurance which covers the Insured’s legal liability to pay damages, claimant’s costs and expenses which arise as a result of injuries to invited guests and third parties arising out of and in connection with the event.
- Professional Liability Insurance which provides cover for the Insured in respect of any loss or liability arising from any claim or claims for breach of professional duty by reason of any neglect, error or omission committed in the conduct of the insured's business in its professional capacity or any person in the employment of the insured.
- Event Equipment Insurance - provides cover for the loss of, or damage to the Insured's equipment or equipment the Insured is responsible for during and in association with the event.
- Employee Accident Benefit Insurance - provides compensation to employees for death or bodily injury by accident or disease arising out of and in the course of the event / employment with the Insured.
- Event Cancellation Insurance - protects the expenses already incurred on an event against cancellation due to circumstances beyond the Insured's control. These circumstances can include, but are not limited to severe/adverse weather; Riots, Strikes and labour disturbances; unavailability of the venue due to fires, floods etc.